Are you cooking for a special occasion? Are you rustling up a community lunch or a bake sale? Often when planning these big food events we need some extra equipment. Instead of spending lots of money on kit you won’t use again, you can now hire a Southmead Community Cooking Kit from Southmead Development Trust.
They are available to hire by local community groups and residents of Southmead for one-off events or on a more regular basis. For a small fee (£1 per kit) and a refundable deposit (£20) you can hire up to 6 kits, each containing:
- a saucepan and a frying pan
- weighing scales, chopping mats, measuring jug, mixing bowls
- child friendly knives and vegetable peeler
- utensils such as wooden spoons, measuring spoons, whisk, grater, colander
- baking equipment such as baking tray, cooling rack, rolling pin
We also have 6 induction hobs that will also be available for hire separately (£1 per hob plus a refundable £20 deposit) so you don’t need to worry about stove top space at all!
The community cooking kits have been assembled by Travelling Kitchen CIC with funding from the Tesco Bags of Help Grant, Team Southmead and Thrive Bristol, so thank you to these partners!
For more info contact Lucille Smith at Southmead Development Trust
tel: 07498 755 863